Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Transformed by the Holy Ghost!

The Holy Ghost leads and guides into all truth....that is if we follow Him. We must allow our hearts to be surrendered to God's will in order to allow the Spirit of God in us to direct us into His way. The familiar scripture Prover 3:5-6 says, Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. People of God, do you realize that this is a promise? By His Spirit He led the children of Israel out of Egypt. At that time He was manifested in a cloud and pillar of fire but today He lives in us. So how much more direction and guidance should we have in the Holy Ghost. And not only that but Jesus sits in a position of authority interceding on our behalf in all things.

Okay, so to the point at hand...being transformed by the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

It is the by the Spirit of God that we are transformed and not just transformed into better people per se but into the likeness of Christ. The more the Spirit has His way in our lives more we look like Jesus, the more of His glory we reflect. This glory transcends into every area of our lives.

Case in point: I got married 4 days ago. A mere four days ago. I have barely tasted the joys AND the woes (so they say) of marriage. Prior to the "I do's" I felt I was pretty well equipped for marriage. I know the expectations but I have to admit, I was not 100% sure if I wanted to submit to those expectations right away. I felt that it would all be a learning process and something that I could work on while in the marriage. Well dear friends...God had a better idea. I believe that there was no way that God would allow me to botch what He had put together. Now, don't get me wrong, I have been seeking God to help me with this transition...sincerely not wanting to go into the marriage with the mindset that I had above but I didn't have enough faith to believe that God could transform my mindset immediately but accepted the fact that it would all come about gradually. Everything in me has changed and quickly at that has it been done. I WANT to be submissive AND obedient to my husband. I WANT to allow him to be the man AND the priest of our household. I WANT to do everything that is required of me as a wife as outlined in the word. My whole outlook has changed, my heart has been changed. I AM a wife reflecting the glory of God in marriage and by His Spirit I will continue to be.

There is no way to explain how God chooses to do His work but I am confident that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus...and by all means I will not stand to be in His way. His will is above my will and His ways GREATER than my ways.

It is just so crazy to see how God truly does direct your paths when you put Him first. Just to see how He pulls all the pieces of the puzzle together and when you look back in hindsight you see just what He was doing. God goave the provision in every stage of our relationship. He gave us EVERYTHING that we needed to make it from one stage to the next.....He has transformed us from glory to glory into the mold that He fashioned for us and I am loving every minute of it.

Ephesians 3:17 says were the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty and yall I can honestly say that I have never felt so free in my life. Marriage (between a man & a woman) is a wonderful thing. It is ordained by God to accomplish His will in the earth. Gotta Love It!!!

And let me tell you this, the Holy Ghost has the power to change EVERYTHING in your life. Just get a hold of the Lord Jesus Christ and don't let go. Allow Him to capture your heart and captivate minds and submit and commit your life to Him and watch the wonderful things He will do. Mark 9:22b-23 says "but if thou canst do anything, have compassion on us, and help us. Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

In Love With Him,

Mrs. Tillis

3 comments:

Mr. Tillis said...

Mrs. Tillis, you are absolutely wonderful. This blog is so on point. Thank you for rambling. You did good!

Latter Days Ministry said...

He is truly faithful to complete the word He has started in us. That gets me through many a day. :-)

I learn some of my deepest lessons about God by learning to become a better wife and mother.

This is a beautiful post!

TikaStar* said...

OH I KNOW THAT IS RIGHT!!! Although I have been married for a short time I can honestly say that God is opening my eyes to some truths through marriage that I hadn;t realized before. Not just about marriage but life, and like you say about Him and His character.

Thank you so much for visiting....I think its really cool that you actaully stopped by.

God Bless You!!!