Friday, April 27, 2012

Love Letter

I was looking through a box and found an old journal that I used to keep. I ran across two short pieces that I wrote like back in 2008 or so. The first is entitled "Love Letter." Here it goes:

If I wrote you a love letter, it would say this:

I haven't the words to put together to accurately proclaim my love.

You are the fresh breath that I've needed and never will I forget, My Love, that the sun rises with you and all things live for you, My Love. And there is nothing, I mean nothing that can ever replace your love.

It is deeper than the deep and wider than all that is wide. It is true, it is pure, it is undying. Unselfish, selfless and relying.

I could have sworn I had found you before when deception I lived for, but I was only living a lie time and time again.

I nearly gave up, My Love. But you sought me out with your love and gave me the Reason to love....My Love.

Freely I give you me to love unconditionally because without you....there is no me.

That's what I would say in my love letter to you, Jesus.